Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Heads-up poker

Played two more matches with my snot-nosed kid nephew just now. Beat him both times. That'll show him! I was tempted to write in the chat box, "You're good, kid, but as long as I'm around you're second best. You might as well learn to live with it." But I'm about 100% certain he wouldn't catch the reference.

While playing, I was reminded of an article that Chris Ferguson wrote for All In magazine a couple of years ago. It is not to be found on their web site. I found a link to it in a forum, but the link didn't work. However, that gave me what had been the URL for the article, then using the wonderful Internet Wayback Machine, I found it here. It presents a solid basic strategy. So if you missed the article the first time around, or read it but didn't save it (like me), now you can get to it whenever you like.

No comments: