Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Does Bill Chen read Card Player magazine?

If so, does he read it really, really carefully?

Today I was playing at the Palms and picked up a copy of the newest issue, dated March 11, 2009 (vol. 22, #5, with Phil Galfond on the cover). While waiting for a table, I started reading. There's an article (a pretty interesting one, actually) on p. 36 about what has happened to David Sklansky's "gap concept" since he first introduced it.

Illustrating the piece is a screen shot of a PokerStars hand:



Did you notice why I asked about Bill Chen?

If not, look again, more closely:




That's right--in the chat box, it says "bill chen suckssss."

I tried requesting the hand history to see if there was more context, but couldn't get it. (The system said that the hand numbers I entered were not recognized; the entire tournament hand history is apparently too large; and if there is any way to request the hand histories from just one table of a MTT, I haven't discovered it.) I wonder if perhaps he had just busted out of the tourney, and that was the railbird's conclusion.

I thought everybody loved Bill Chen!

1 comment:

nzgreen said...

WPTHero is Justin Rollo and his avatar on PokerStars used to be a photo of Bill Chen. Unfortunately his cards are covering the photo so you can't see it.

I think he's using a different avatar these days.