Friday, March 06, 2009

I am king of the Deuce-Four

Pay attention, class. This is how one plays the mighty Deuce-Four.

First, you use it like the 2x4 that it is, and hammer opponents with it--including a pre-flop raise--even if you flop nothing. This makes them fold. Then you must be sure to show them what you have done, thusly:





The next step is this: Two hands later, you pick up QQ and flop a full house, betting and raising with it the same way that you did with the 2-4 and air.




This results in one opponent calling through the turn, and another all the way to the river.

In this particular case, it also resulted in an immediate marriage proposal via instant message from a certain other player at the table who witnessed this poker-god-like feat. There is, however, some doubt as to whether it is legally binding under the circumstances. I mean, it's akin to coercion, me showing off that kind of poker virtuosity. This happens to me a lot at the poker tables--kind of like women throwing their panties at Tom Jones on stage. It's an occupational hazard of being so irresistibly awesome.


Addendum

I posted the above while the tourney was still going. Cardgrrl went on to knock me out on the bubble (lest anybody think we soft-play each other), then took 2nd place. Her back-to-back 2nds won her more mobneys than my 1st and 4th, which somewhat attenuates my above-mentioned feelings of awesomeness. But only a little.

2 comments:

Cardgrrl said...

The epic battle to establish HORSE superiority rages on!

BLAARGH! said...

Is this battle royale in playchips??? If Cardgrrl is ahead by 1 chip at the end of 50,000 hands, does she get 1.5m playchips to spend on anything she wants?

Side note... I googled battle royale because I wasn't sure I was spelling it correctly (and I know how you are about that sort of thing :). I found a Japanese film by that title that looks like an extreme version of Lord of the Flies starring Beat Takeshi. I'll let you know how it is...