Saturday, March 28, 2009

I guess my ban is rescinded

Perhaps my banishment from the Cannery and Eastside Cannery is over. I got a letter today announcing the Eastside Cannery's poker promotions for next month. The letter concludes, "Good luck and we look forward to seeing you soon!" I guess I'm invited back!

Of course, it's a form letter. But still, legally, wouldn't this constitute a pretty clear invitation, superseding the previous trespass warning? It would be interesting to try it and see.

On the other hand, who needs the hassle?

2 comments:

Richard Brodie said...

Yes, it would. And "supersede" is spelled with an "s."

QL

Rakewell said...

Thanks for the correction. I now see a news story from last year that "supersede" was dubbed the most-often misspelled word in English. (Seems a dubious proposition, but still.) Blogger obviously needs to have that ultra-cool squiggly red underlining for misspellings from MS Word. You know anything about that, QL? :-)