Sunday, March 22, 2009

More bizarre plagiarism

Earlier this month I mentioned a weird form of theft of my posts. Here's another example I just found: http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/rengersi/post97783376/

First, they introduce apparently random typographical errors. Second, they use the content of this post but the title of this one. But I think the ultimate insult was putting Justin Timberlake's name at the top of it.

If anybody knows Russian and can take a stab at telling me what the foreign content of this page is about, I'd appreciate it. (At least, I think that's Russian.)

I still don't understand the whole content-stealing business and how it can be profitable.

3 comments:

Alex Burda said...

I'm a native Russian speaker, and can attest to the fact that it is in fact Russian. Justin Timberlake's name appears there because that's what the poster is currently listening to. Literal translation of that line: "Currently playing in the speakers - Justin Timberlake". There is absolutely no other content in the post except a mangled copy of your letter to the Stratosphere management. Doesn't seem to be any point to it.

I've never commented before, but I'm a loyal reader. I thoroughly enjoy the content and the writing style. Keep it up please.

Autodrom Eilend said...

I believe that all this plagiarism is made by "bots" in order to increase internet traffic on those sites. I'm not really sure, I'm just doing what I normally did playing poker some time ago: guessing.

Greetings.

Wolynski said...

Yes, that's Russian. I know of a computer geek who has hundreds of blogs with all bullshit, but plenty of ads and keywords like "Britney Spears". He ekes out a living delivering crap. This Russian blog appears to be one of those phony sites.