Thursday, February 04, 2010

The hatred is ebbing

I've been whining lately about sets treating me badly. Tonight the pendulum swung back in the direction I'm more used to. I spent a few hours at MGM Grand, then went across the street to Hooters, a place I tend to hit only once or twice a year. Between the two rooms, I hit seven sets, and didn't lose with any of them. Three yielded only small or medium pots, but with four of them (kings twice, jacks, and fives) I doubled up or felted an opponent. That included my kings cracking aces on a flop of K-Q-9 for the biggest pot of my night. I also never lost a big pot to somebody else's set.

As a result, I am experiencing considerable diminishment of my loathing for flopped sets.

2 comments:

Grange95 said...

Seven sets in one night, and never losing with even one of them? Plus, even a set over set situation if I recall correctly from your Twittering? Many people won't run that good ever! Perhaps your expectations are set a bit high. What are you waiting for--deuce-four every hand, flopping a boat or a wheel? Maybe a small smile cracking that grumpy facade would be in order.

Rakewell said...

I did *see* a set over set over set, but was not involved in even a set over set.