Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting grabby




I'm watching the NBC Heads-Up Championship from yesterday. They go to a profile of Andrew Robl, part of which is about two seconds of the shot you see above.

As it cut away, I was left with a strange impression--what was that I was seeing in the background?

I went back and looked again. Sure enough, it wasn't my libidinous imagination at work. There really is a guy with his hands planted firmly on the butt of a young woman. Click the screenshot for the full-size image, and you'll see what I mean.

Which just raises all sorts of questions. Where was this shot? Who are those people? What were they doing there? Why are they in the shot? Is there some connection between them and Robl? Did other viewers notice this, or is it just my weird Rain Man tendencies at work again? Did the NBC people know this was there when they aired it? After all, surely they must have taken enough B-roll for purposes of this piece that they didn't have to use this exact shot.

3 comments:

veeRob said...

http://www.victorypoker.net/victory-pros/brian-rast

Tony said...

http://www.pokerpages.com/player-profile/robert-bright.htm

Anonymous said...

The victory poker guys are all a bunch of d-bags, Andrew rofl, dan blitz etc

Nothing unusual, d-bag in background is letching on a ho, in the other corner, blitz will be cutting up an 8 ball etc etc