Wednesday, July 06, 2011

PeeGee's Big Adventure, Part 5


So tomorrow it begins.

Last night I was at the Rio for some cash games (up $400 in 2.5 hours--thank you, WSOP), and took a minute to check out the location of my table. I'm at Amazon Purple 376, marked above.

I mention this because a few people have told me that they plan to be there on the rail to watch/support me. While I appreciate the intention, I have to tell you, you're going to be disappointed. There's no access to the table, physically or visually. You won't be able to see much of anything that's going on. You might be able to tell to whom a pot is being pushed, but that's about it.

Worse, I'm in seat 2. The red arrow seen above is pointed at where the dealer sits, which means that I'll have my back directly to the nearest aisle where a spectator could stand. Unless I crane my head around 180 degrees, I won't even know anybody's there.

All of which is my most polite way of saying this: Come if you like, but I wouldn't if I were you. You shouldn't expect to get any interaction with/from me, not because I don't want to be friendly, but because I'll be both physically isolated and kinda busy. On breaks, I will probably be happier if I can bust out of the room and walk or vegetate on my own than if I need to try to be socially engaging.

I will keep up on Twitter the best that I can. At a minimum I'll send an update every two hours at breaks, but also probably anytime there is a major chip move up or down, and if I get moved to a different table. It's also possible that the PokerNews live updates will report on me now and then. I don't yet know which of their bloggers will be assigned to my area, but I know several of them, and it's likely that most or all of them know of the Dan Cates raffle story and would consider it worth following occasionally.

Speaking of whom, add @junglemandan to your Twitter feed and give him your virtual support during his first Main Event. He's a good guy and deserves attention.

As you might guess, I plan to keep notes on the most interesting hands, and write them up here when I can.

And so it begins. Whee!

8 comments:

Michael said...

Great luck tomorrow, make sure you eat your blueberries!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Grump!

Fred said...

Congrats and GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to follow the play-by-play.

Memphis MOJO said...

GL.

Anonymous said...

Good luck T.I.D!!!!

Summerlin

Scott said...

Good Luck and gogogogo!

Boston said...

I read your blog daily. Just wanted to say good luck in the main event. Play well.