Saturday, August 13, 2011

Three HORSE hands

I recently discovered that the Carbon Poker network offers a daily HORSE tournament. It's only $11 and doesn't get very many players and the structure is fast, but it's something to reduce the shakes from my HORSE withdrawal syndrome. I just went out in 8th place in one for barely over a min-cash. Oh well. It was fun to play, and I got this post out of it.


First there was this strange hand. I think it's the first time I've seen aces versus aces in stud. We capped it every street, and I made a real monster, but some doofus kept calling trying to hit his low and got there for half the pot. Since I had two full houses, I think I should have gotten both halves of the pot.




Now that's what I call hitting a flop!



Here I hit a gutshot to make a straight with the Mighty Deuce-Four. As if there were ever any doubt.


No comments: