Monday, November 30, 2009

That about sums it up




Driving around town the other day I happened to catch most of a very nice interview with Richard Carpenter on "Fresh Air." The occasion was the release of a 40th-anniversary Carpenters album. It reminded me of how much I used to love Karen Carpenter's voice, which may be the most beautiful one ever to hit the pop music charts. So as I have been playing poker over the last few days, I have been calling up my one and only Carpenters CD, a greatest hits sort of thing, which I long ago transferred to my MP3 player.

One of the lyrics struck home with me. It neatly summarizes what this blog is all about and why I started it in the first place, and, in large part, my frustration and annoyance with both poker and the world in general. It's from the 1976 single, "I Need to Be in Love."


"I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world,
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find."

No comments: