Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sheldon Cooper likes Vegas

I can be a little slow to get on the bandwagon. I just started watching "The Big Bang Theory" this season, its fourth year on the air. Had I known how smart and funny a show it is, I would have started tuning in a long time ago.

So now I'm going back and catching up on what I've missed. I liked this description of Las Vegas from an episode toward the end of the second season. Sheldon has an idea for cheering up his friend Howard after Howard got dumped by a woman:

"You know, I am given to understand that there is an entire city in Nevada designed specifically to help people like Howard forget their problems. We can replace them with new problems, such as alcoholism, gambling addiction, and sexually transmitted diseases."

As they say in the forums, QFT.

5 comments:

Andy said...

If I had a blog, I would copy your first paragraph verbatim and post it- properly attributed, of course. So where are you able to see the previous seasons? I hope not NetFlix, Do Not Want.

Rakewell said...

I'm sorry, Andy, but the answer is: Netflix.

Anonymous said...

They can also can be seen here: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Big+Bang+Theory&st=0&fs=

Im Just Saying said...

In an interesting coincidence, on my second (i think) trip to Vegas I sat on a test screening for the show at MGM Studio City. I thought it was hilarious and was excited that it would be on that Fall...and then proceeded to not see the show at all until just a few months ago when the Netflix showed up in my mail.

Clearly I am not advirtisers targeted demographic.

Andy said...

Well, couldn't find them on Hulu either, so I'm just getting them off torrents.

Funny, funny stuff.

Kaley Cuoco FTW